Who We Are
Providing leadership for high quality innovative instructional programs that promote choice, equity, diversity, and academic excellence for all students.
MSA’s Guiding Principles
- We believe that MSA through its national and regional structure is uniquely able to provide support, advocacy, and leadership for all magnet schools and other public schools of choice;
- We believe that MSA must develop strong group and individual leadership to accomplish the goals and mission of the organization;
- We believe in promoting equity, excellence, and high academic achievement for all students;
- We believe that communication is a process by which MSA will educate our stakeholders to the values of equity, diversity, and academic success.
MSA’s Goals and Objectives
- To promote goals of desegregation, equity, excellence, and the expansion and improvement of magnet schools;
- To encourage America's businesses to become actively involved in magnet schools and to support them both conceptually and financially;
- To encourage the federal government to finance magnet schools through competitive grants and programs and increase the amount of this support;
- To encourage the passage of legislation at both the state and national levels that will promote the development and improvement of magnet schools;
- To provide parents and community members information on the benefits of magnet schools as schools of choice;
- To act as a National Clearinghouse for information on magnet schools and promote legislative advocacy for magnet schools.
For more information about MSA or the National Institute for Magnet School Leadership (NIMSL), please contact Scott Thomas, Executive Director of Magnet Schools of America at firstname.lastname@example.org
Magnet Schools of America
1909 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006