Who We Are
Providing leadership for high quality innovative instructional programs that promote choice, equity, diversity, and academic excellence for all students.
MSA’s Guiding Principles
- We believe that MSA through its national and regional structure is uniquely able to provide support, advocacy, and leadership for all magnet schools and other public schools of choice;
- We believe that MSA must develop strong group and individual leadership to accomplish the goals and mission of the organization;
- We believe in providing equity, excellence, and high academic achievement for all students;
- We believe that communication is a process by which MSA will educate our stakeholders to the values of equity, diversity, and academic success.
MSA’s Goals and Objectives
- To promote goals of desegregation, equity, excellence, and the expansion and improvement of magnet schools;
- To encourage America's businesses to become actively involved in magnet schools and to support them both conceptually and financially;
- To encourage the federal government to finance magnet schools through competitive grants and programs and increase the amount of this support;
- To encourage the passage of legislation at both the state and national levels that will promote the development and improvement of magnet schools;
- To provide parents and community members information on the benefits of magnet schools as schools of choice;
- To act as a National Clearinghouse for information dissemination on magnet schools and promote legislative advocacy for magnet schools.
For more information about MSA, becoming a member, or NIMSL (or to become a part of the NIMSL faculty), please contact Scott Thomas, Executive Director of Magnet Schools of America at email@example.com.
Magnet Schools of America
1909 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006