1) Hartford Public Schools is seeking a collaborative, dynamic, motivated, and inclusive school leader to serve as the principal of the Betances Early Reading Lab Magnet School. The Betances Elementary School is a Grades Pre-K-3 Early Reading Lab School. This school employs outstanding practices in early literacy instruction while also serving as a professional development center for elementary school teachers who want to further develop their skills in early literacy instruction. Students develop an appreciation for all genres of literature and are prepared to be at or above the proficient level by the end of third grade.
The Early Literacy Professional Development Center is a training institute for teachers to observe best instructional practices and participate in targeted training in research-based reading and language arts instruction strategies. The school focuses on three key goals to expand learning for the staff, students and parents: Early Reading Success, Professional Development, and Family Literacy. Experienced candidates with a strong background and knowledge of high quality and distinctive programs accommodating early literacy and professional development are encouraged to apply. As the administrative and academic leader of this dynamic learning environment, the Betances Early Reading Lab Magnet School Principal will provide oversight of the school’s educational program and personnel to include the continuation of proven practices in early literacy and ensure innovative instructional practices and quality differentiated instruction for students. The principal will support a management structure that facilitates and welcomes active and regular participation of the entire Betances community in the school’s decision-making processes. The principal will work to ensure that this community, consisting of students, teachers, parents, community partners, administrators and school personnel, is engaged in an on-going construction of individual and collective student learning goals and of improvements to the teaching and learning process. Strong and collaborative leadership with an honest, transparent, and inclusive style that supports the whole child is essential.
CT Certification in Intermediate Administration (092)
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/ABILITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Extensive instructional experience at the elementary level in urban/multi-cultural settings
• Experience with early literacy instruction
• Knowledge of and experience with the needs and challenges of magnet schools
• Strong and collaborative leadership with an honest, transparent, and inclusive style that supports high student outcomes and educational excellence
• Demonstrated knowledge and effective use of technology in instruction, management, and communication
• Unyielding commitment to students, self, and school's constant learning and development
• Record of success leading adults (as a grade-level/dept. chair, coach, or administrator)
• Knowledge of pedagogy for development of curriculum and assessment that supports student learning
• Persistent use of data and researched-based focus on student achievement
• Knowledge of all federal and state mandates and regulations (IDEA, 504, Title IX, SRBI, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience in building partnerships and resources for a school, and a willingness to work with various community partners
• Demonstrated skill in staff recruitment, development, supervision, and evaluation
• Outstanding and visible communication skills with the ability to welcome interaction with all members of the school community (students, teachers, families) and community at large to advance the school’s mission/vision
• Ability to inspire excellence in others
• A commitment to the achievement of all students
• Knowledge of financial management
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary in accordance with Hartford Principals’ and Supervisors’ Association, $119,262 - $135,765, 2015-2016 Schedule. Twelve-month position.
Complete posting and application information for Job Id 2241 is available at www.applitrack.com/hartford/onlineapp. The screening process for highly qualified candidates is ongoing. Any questions may be directed to Nancy Williams, Senior Talent Recruiter, at email@example.com.
Posted March 30, 2015
2) Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, a large urban school district serving over 145,000 students, is currently seeking an exceptional educator to lead our language immersion magnet school as principal. Waddell Language Academy offers immersion in Chinese, German, French, and Japanese in grades K-8. Successful candidates will exhibit an ability to develop a strong school vision, to brand and market their school, and to maintain high expectations through accountability. The ability to build relationships and influence others, keen talent management skills, and proven data-driven decision making skills are a must. Previous experience and multi-language proficiency is preferred. To apply, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website at www.cms.k12.nc.us to learn more about CMS.
Posted April 2, 2015
If you would like to post an open position on the Magnet Schools of America website, please contact Todd Mann, Executive Director at email@example.com