1) Principal - Nathan Hale Arts Magnet School
New London, CT - Grades K – 5
In only its second year as visual and performing arts magnet school in New London, the Nathan Hale Arts Magnet School provides students from Kindergarten through grade 5 an integrated learning environment that combines traditional academics with an arts curriculum that includes vocal and instrumental music, visual art, dance, theatre, creative writing, and interdisciplinary arts.
The school boasts a variety of specialty rooms in which students can express their creative inner selves, including – an outdoor art classroom, a music & instrument room, an art room, a state-of-the-art dance room with spring loaded floor, a choral & music room, a keyboard classroom, video editing room, and a science room.
New London has been designated by state legislation as the only “Magnet District” in Connecticut.
The Nathan Hale Arts Magnet School teaches all facets of the production cycle, and students create projects for both school-based and outside audiences. Instruction in core academic areas, as well as participation in live performances and public showcases of their work, provide students with challenging learning activities that will develop their ability to demonstrate creativity, communicate effectively, collaborate with others, and assume leadership roles.
The school seeks to transcend the work of a traditional elementary school. Teachers focus on educating the whole child and on developing a community of learners that values the work of all individuals.
The district is seeking a dynamic leader to join our journey. Qualified applicants will have:
- Possession of CT Administrative Certificate (092) or eligibility to obtain the CT 092
- Teaching and/or administrative experience in a magnet school environment is a plus
- Certification and instructional or practical experience in one or more of the fine arts (music, visual arts, theater or dance) preferred
- A background in and demonstrated commitment to the arts
Please submit letter of intent, resume, application, three letters of reference, certification, a statement regarding educational philosophy and transcripts to:
Chief Talent/Human Resources Officer
New London Public Schools
134 Williams Street, New London, CT 06320
Applications must be submitted electronically through Applitrack.com.
New London Public School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Candidates from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply
Posted July 28, 2015
2) Principal - Lakewood Montessori Middle School is a public, magnet school serving grades 6-8 in Durham, North Carolina. We offer a peaceful, nurturing community where adolescents grow academically and socially through the mastery of real life skills and knowledge. We encourage students to become independent thinkers, engaged learners, and positive contributors to our society by showing responsibility for each other and the world around them. Students enter Lakewood Montessori Middle School through the DPS Choice Schools application/lottery process. As a magnet school, Lakewood provides busing all over the city, which results in a diverse student composition. Approximately a third of our students are White, a third Black, and a third Latino. During the 2013-2014 school year, 48% of our students qualified for free and reduced lunch. Lakewood expresses the Montessori philosophy in the school’s three pillars: academics, community, and self. Each component is equally prized and mutually reinforcing. Lakewood’s twelve core teachers have been, or are in the process of becoming, licensed by the American Montessori Society. Lakewood’s students are placed in “communities,” a term intentionally chosen to signify collaboration. Each community is assigned two teachers. A maximum of fifty students is assigned to each community and aside from electives, communities spend the entire day together. No matter the grade level, each community spans the full range of abilities.
Read the full job announcement
Posted: June 3, 2015
If you would like to post a career opportunity on the Magnet Schools of America website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org