1) The Connecticut State Department of Education is currently recruiting for the position of Division Director in the Office of Regional Partnerships and Choice Programs. In this role, the Division Director will report to the Department’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) and be a senior member of the COO’s leadership team.
The Division Director will manage strategy and operations of the Regional School Choice Office in the collaborative effort among the Department, Sheff plaintiffs’ representatives, the Capitol Region Education Council (CREC), the Hartford Public Schools, and Hartford area stakeholders to support Sheff initiatives and programming designed to reduce the racial, ethnic and economic isolation of Hartford-resident minority students. In all these partnerships, the Division Director will help bring greater focus on the need to align initiatives to the Department’s strategies to close achievement gaps and improve all students’ readiness for College and/or Career. The Division Director will also manage relationships, grant programs, and collaborative initiatives with all regional partners including the Regional Educational Service Centers (RESC’s). To view the entire job announcement click here
Posted May 6, 2013
2) Hartford Public Schools is seeking a talented principal to lead our new Hartford Pre-Kindergarten Magnet School. This Pre- Kindergarten Magnet School will serve as a laboratory and professional development center for early literacy instruction. As a newly designed magnet school, the principal in collaboration with the district, will have an opportunity to hire master teachers while providing professional learning experiences for interns to improve their craft. The school principal is charged with implementing a school design that will ensure all students successfully complete Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 levels before transitioning to kindergarten classrooms throughout the district. To learn more about this opening click here
Posted April 22, 2013
3) Buffalo Public Schools (BPS) has begun a period of change that seeks to transform the district and its schools. With the appointment of Superintendent Pamela Brown and a significant level of local, state, and federal attention and investment, Buffalo has an incredible opportunity to ensure that all of its students graduate prepared to succeed in college or a well-paying career.
Buffalo Public Schools, the Second largest school district in New York State, seeks highly qualified educational professionals to join the Superintendent’s cabinet in the following positions:
- Chief of School Leadership
- Chief of Assessment, Curriculum & Instruction
- Chief of Special Projects
- Chief of Talent Management
- Supervising Principal
- Deputy Superintendent
Please visit the Buffalo Public Schools website: http://buffaloschools.applicantstack.com/x/openings for a detailed job description and to apply for the positions listed. You will be required to attach your resume and cover letter. Questions can be directed to Darren Brown, Executive Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling (716) 816-3591.
Posted April 10, 2013
If you would like to post an open position on the MSA website, please contact, Scott Thomas, Executive Director at email@example.com