Principal - Jamerson Elementary School,
Pinellas County Schools, Florida
The Principal performs responsible administrative and supervisory work in the area of instruction, personnel, curriculum, safety, budget, purchasing, public relations, plant operations, food service, and transportation. Position is responsible for the total operational management of the school.
- Develops, implement, and evaluates school philosophy, goals and objectives reflecting district and state goals
- Develops, implements and evaluates School Improvement Plan (SIP) and School-wide Discipline Plan
- Develops and manages a Center of Excellence on the specified campus as approved by the School Board, if applicable
- Develops and maintains a positive school/community climate and a safe and healthy environment.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates the school instructional program based on student needs and within state and district guidelines
- Plans, implements, supervises, and/or evaluates all other programs, i.e., Parent Teacher Association (PTA), School Advisory Committee (SAC), Athletics, Extra-Curricular, Co-Curricular, Booster Clubs, if applicable
- Determines staffing needs including selection, supervision, staff development and evaluation of all school personnel
- Disseminates and implements Pinellas County School Board policies and procedures as it relates to students staff and school community
- Manages finances including the budget and record keeping processes, and inventory control of all school resources
- Maintains records and necessary reports for efficient operation of school and compliance with federal, state, and local requirements
- Plans and manages for efficient utilization and maintenance of the school plant
- Performs other related duties as required
JOB DESCRIPTION LINK:
Administrative Salary Schedule: Pay Grade C9; 12-month position; Annual Salary: $82,502
Please note the following instructions for applying: Please create your internal application https://ats3.searchsoft.net/ats/trans_login?COMPANY_ID=OA002067. Upload your resume, personal statement highlighting your qualifications, as they specifically relate to the qualifications for this position, by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 13, 2016. Please link the position(s) for which you are interested to your online application. In order to be considered for this position, all documents listed must be received by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
Candidates may be screened by position, preference statement, evaluations, seniority, and/or specific needs of the job. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on May 11, 2016
Band Director, Chattanooga High School Center for Creative Arts
Chattanooga High School Center for Creative Arts (CCA) would like to announce a faculty opening in the area of Instrumental Music. CCA is an award-winning, fine arts magnet school in a thriving, mid-sized city. This is a position for a licensed teacher and involves teaching winds, percussion, and chamber orchestra courses to 6th -12th grade students. It is not a marching band position, but such credentials will be considered. CCA has been named a magnet school of distinction and school of excellence by Magnet Schools of America and an exemplary school by Arts Schools Network.
Learn more about the school at www.centerforcreativearts.net or contact Cathy Carroccio at email@example.com
Full Job Announcement
Posted on April 11, 2016
CodeRVA Executive Director
Under the general supervision of the CodeRVA Governing Board to provide leadership and supervision in administering the educational program of an innovative high school in order to promote the educational development and achievement of students in accordance with the State Board of Education, and CodeRVA Governing Board, policies, administrative procedures, rules and regulations, and applicable law. To provide leadership in program development and improvement, as well as in professional staff development.
• Develops and administers school programs consistent with CodeRVA goals and objectives.
• Provides leadership and direction to staff with regard to the ongoing evaluation and improvement of educational programs, including curricular and extracurricular activities.
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of individualized learning plans, innovative curriculum development, project based learning, college & career readiness.
• Promotes a school environment that is safe and conducive to individualized instruction, cooperative and innovative curriculum development, and student learning focused on computer science.
• Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the general educational field and computer science by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
• Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to function in additional capacities as the school develops.
• Encourages staff to continue to grow professionally and to experiment with new approaches or strategies to teaching.
• Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete recordkeeping and reporting for all student activities, attendance and records as required by law.
• Coordinates the work of school staff and leaders to develop and implement instructional programs and teaching practices that are conducive to ensuring that ALL students will receive a high quality educational opportunity.
• Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and works with teaching staff to modify instructional methods to fit students' needs, including students with special needs.Coordinates with the fiscal agent school district for recruitment and selection of employees, the proper maintenance of employee personnel files, the administration of collective bargaining agreements, corrective action, and other human resource issues.
• Organizes and conducts regular meetings with CodeRVA Governing Board, and CodeRVA.
• Advisory Board for updates on continuous progress on academic, fiscal and operational functions or the development of appropriate policies.
• Organizes and conducts regular meetings with teachers, and staff for continuing development ofinnovative instructional techniques.
• Ensures that CodeRVA Governing Board policies and procedures are implemented in the school.
• Involves staff in the evaluation of programs and the planning of new programs.
• Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
• Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and policies.
• Supervises and evaluates teaching staff and other building employees in accordance with the fiscal agent school district's evaluation plan, and makes recommendations regarding goals, areas needing improvement and continued employment.
Full Job Announcement
Apply for this position: https://phl.applitrack.com/glnd/onlineapp/jobpostings/view.asp?internaltransferform.Url=&category=Administration
Posted on April 25, 2016
If you would like to post a career opportunity on the Magnet Schools of America website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org