1) The Center for Creative Arts in Chattanooga, Tennessee, is seeking a director of its musical theatre program, to start in August of 2013. This is a full-time teaching position with the Hamilton County Department of Education. Center for Creative Arts is an award-winning public arts magnet middle and high school founded in 1999. It offers more than 60 courses in dance, theatre, visual art, communications, vocal music, and instrumental music – in addition to a full academic curriculum.
The ideal candidate will possess talent, creativity, and energy of the highest levels, combined with a passion for teaching and performing. A background in musical theatre style and repertoire is essential, along with experience in voice production, stage direction, vocal coaching, and choreography. Accompanist skills are a must.
Duties of this position include teaching six levels of musical theatre classes for students in grades 6 – 12 (both majors and non-majors), directing and producing annual middle school and high school musicals, directing a high school musical theatre troupe, planning and implementing showcase performances each semester, coaching students for college, regional, and professional auditions, and planning and implementing fundraising activities for the musical theatre program.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and vita to Debbie Smith, principal, Center for Creative Arts at email@example.com by June 15, 2013. No phone calls, please.
2) The Connecticut State Department of Education is currently recruiting for the position of Division Director in the Office of Regional Partnerships and Choice Programs. In this role, the Division Director will report to the Department’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) and be a senior member of the COO’s leadership team.
The Division Director will manage strategy and operations of the Regional School Choice Office in the collaborative effort among the Department, Sheff plaintiffs’ representatives, the Capitol Region Education Council (CREC), the Hartford Public Schools, and Hartford area stakeholders to support Sheff initiatives and programming designed to reduce the racial, ethnic and economic isolation of Hartford-resident minority students. In all these partnerships, the Division Director will help bring greater focus on the need to align initiatives to the Department’s strategies to close achievement gaps and improve all students’ readiness for College and/or Career. The Division Director will also manage relationships, grant programs, and collaborative initiatives with all regional partners including the Regional Educational Service Centers (RESC’s). To view the entire job announcement click here
Posted May 6, 2013
3) Hartford Public Schools is seeking a talented principal to lead our new Hartford Pre-Kindergarten Magnet School. This Pre- Kindergarten Magnet School will serve as a laboratory and professional development center for early literacy instruction. As a newly designed magnet school, the principal in collaboration with the district, will have an opportunity to hire master teachers while providing professional learning experiences for interns to improve their craft. The school principal is charged with implementing a school design that will ensure all students successfully complete Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 levels before transitioning to kindergarten classrooms throughout the district. To learn more about this opening click here
Posted April 22, 2013
4) Buffalo Public Schools (BPS) has begun a period of change that seeks to transform the district and its schools. With the appointment of Superintendent Pamela Brown and a significant level of local, state, and federal attention and investment, Buffalo has an incredible opportunity to ensure that all of its students graduate prepared to succeed in college or a well-paying career.
Buffalo Public Schools, the Second largest school district in New York State, seeks highly qualified educational professionals to join the Superintendent’s cabinet in the following positions:
- Chief of School Leadership
- Chief of Assessment, Curriculum & Instruction
- Chief of Special Projects
- Chief of Talent Management
- Supervising Principal
- Deputy Superintendent
Please visit the Buffalo Public Schools website: http://buffaloschools.applicantstack.com/x/openings for a detailed job description and to apply for the positions listed. You will be required to attach your resume and cover letter. Questions can be directed to Darren Brown, Executive Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling (716) 816-3591.
Posted April 10, 2013
If you would like to post an open position on the MSA website, please contact, Scott Thomas, Executive Director at email@example.com