Building on a Legacy of Excellence
National Policy Training Conference
February 15-17, 2017
Join us for our annual National Policy Training Conference in Washington, DC just weeks after the Presidential Inauguration and the beginning of a new session of Congress.
You don't want to miss this opportunity to find out what the results of the election will mean for K-12 public education and magnet schools.
- Learn about the new administration's plans
for implementing the new Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
- Hear about the details of President-Elect
Trump's plan to provide $20 billion in new funding to incentivize school choice programs including magnet schools.
- Spend time on Capitol Hill meeting with your newly elected Members of Congress.
- Participate in Magnet Schools Assistance Program (MSAP) grant writing sessions geared for
next year's anticipated competition.
- Hear about emerging policy issues faced by educators in the classroom and network with colleagues.
The year 2016 has been a huge year for G.W. Carver student La’ Jasha Champion and her teacher, Mr. Matthew Kirkpatrick. Not only has La’ Jasha, a junior at G.W. Carver a High School in Aldine Independent School District, gained recognition through Magnet Schools of America’s Annual Student Poster Contest, but she has also won awards for other art competitions as well, including the IWrite Book Cover Contest. Keep Reading...